Keeping Your Car Clean in Winter
No matter where you live in Southern California, this time of the year, it is almost impossible for your car to stay clean. While a lot of people in other states are battling the effects of snow, salt and ice, in Southern California, we deal with dust and grime, as well as leftover ash. Our cars are also full of children, sports, pets and other refuse of the holiday season. How can you keep your car clean during the winter months? We have some suggestions.
Tips for Winter Car Care
- If you are driving between the snows of northern California, or the mountains, be sure and wash your car off when you return. The salt or brine used to de-ice roads can wreak havoc on your paint job. Also, the longer the grime stays on your car, the harder it is to remove it all.
- Have your kids been snacking on winter cookies in the backseat? No worries. We recommend that you vacuum out the car every week. That way, you keep the cookie crumbs under control as well as getting rid of goodies that could attract bugs.
- You need to keep your windows clean. Because of the position the sun is in during the winter, the light during winter tends to make any dust or dirt on your windows brighter and the windows may become difficult to see out of. Be sure that all of your windows and mirrors are clean.
- While you are cleaning your car, be sure and take a vacuum to all of the little nooks and crannies where dirt, dust and crumbs hide.
- If you have leather seats, be sure and treat the leather with leather treatment cloths to prevent cracking.
If you have questions about caring for your car during the winter, contact PC Auto Detailing today.